Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to transform numbers to excell worksheet coordinates

I need to average some electival events and for that I need to align them.
The data is in text format where one column is time and the other corresponds
to the amplitude of a signal that varies according to presence of the events.
I have the time flags corresponding to the start of each event and would like
to convert those numbers to coordinates of a worksheet. For example: if
column A is time, column B is the signal and there are 3 events (time flags
7,25 and 93 in columns D, E and F) I want to use those time flags as
coordinates to go an retrieve the ampliude of the signal (in column B),
where, when converted, the formula in columns D, E and F shoud read: =b7,
=B25 and =B93.

Thank you for your help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You will need a VBA program to convert values to formulae. How are/where are
the formulae (in D,E and F) used? Is not possible to reference the B cells
"indirectly" using the values in D-F?

"fespin" wrote:

I need to average some electival events and for that I need to align them.
The data is in text format where one column is time and the other corresponds
to the amplitude of a signal that varies according to presence of the events.
I have the time flags corresponding to the start of each event and would like
to convert those numbers to coordinates of a worksheet. For example: if
column A is time, column B is the signal and there are 3 events (time flags
7,25 and 93 in columns D, E and F) I want to use those time flags as
coordinates to go an retrieve the ampliude of the signal (in column B),
where, when converted, the formula in columns D, E and F shoud read: =b7,
=B25 and =B93.

Thank you for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not able to test it with what you've told me, but I'm thinking you can
use the numbers in a formula such as... Range("B1").Offset([YOUR NUMBERS
HERE] - 1, 0).Value..., etc. In an older version of Lotus 123, I could
write... "=B" & YOUR FLAG NUMBERS HERE..., but I don't think that works in
Excel formulas. I hope this helps but I haven't tested it and I may not be
understanding what you really, really need. Samm Dickens.