Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Counting the dates in a column

Hi All,

At present I have a formula that counts the number of date entries in
a column.

=COUNT($AL$1000:$AL$5000,"<=today()")

I need to change it so that it counts the dates between today and the
last 3 months.

Can someone tell me how, I have tried all manner of configurations.

Many thanks

Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Firstly, if you want to apply a condition you need COUNTIF(), not COUNT()
Secondly, the condition "<=today()" won't work, you'll need ,"<="&today()
Thirdly, you can test for <= TODAY(), and then subtract those <= three
months ago to get those between, so try
=COUNTIF($AL$1000:$AL$5000,"<="&TODAY())
-COUNTIF($AL$1000:$AL$5000,"<="&DATE(YEAR(TODAY()), MONTH(TODAY())-3,DAY(TODAY())))
--
David Biddulph

ups.com...