Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default if formula to check text and paste link

I want to do the following:

If the cell C2 from file A is equal to cell C2 from file B (Contact person)
AND
cell D2 from file A is equal to cell D2 from file B (Company)
then
copy the content of cell N2 from file A to cell N2 in file B (Notes)

I created a spreasheet of contacts for a co-worker. I gave him a copy of my
spreadsheet. When he writes notes (cell N2) in his spredsheet, I want to see
them in mine. The IF formula is just to check for possible errors that can
occur if he alters his spreasheet in such a way it won't match mine anymore.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I figured it out on my own:

=IF(C2='[FileB.xls]Sheet1'!$C$2,IF(D2='[FileB.xls]Sheet1'!$D$2,'[FileB.xls]Sheet1'!$N$2))

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I figured it out

=IF(C2='[fileB.xls]Sheet1'!$C$2,IF(D2='[fileB.xls]Sheet1'!$D$2,'[fileB.xls]Sheet1'!$N$2))