Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Is this even possible?

I have an idea but am not sure if it can even be done. If it can then I need
help to realise it...

I have a worksheet with a list of companies and data relating to them. On a
second worksheet (same workbook) I would like to create something that
filters the info on the first. For instance if someone chose one company
from a data list, then all of the information relating to that one company
would appear on the second worksheet.

I can create the list on the second worksheet so a company can be chosen but
nothing more. Any ideas or advice?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for that. I am trying the pivot table and I think it is going to give
me the answer I need but this has now generated more questions:

The pivot table allows me to pick one company and just the info for that
company then appears in the table. All good. However, being a pivot table
it is trying to total everything and give me answers, when all I need is for
the information just be presented. The info is things like location of HQ,
turnover, etc. Is there any way to stop the calculations and totals and
simply have the data in rows with the relevant info showing?