Confused

Default How to copy formulas from one workbook to another

I am trying to copy formulas from one workbook into another. I highlited the
desired cells, selected ctrl c, opened the new workbook and selected ctrl v.
It copied the values in the first workbooks cells, but not the formulas. Any
idea what I am doing wrong?