chris

Default Repeat Code Repetitive Actions?

I am doing some list comparing and I have to do a lot of the same actions
(specifically, highlight three cells, insert, shift cells down)

Is there a way I can code that action into a shortcut key?
CyberTaz

Check out the Help info on Recording Macros. They can have shortcut keys
assigned to them and can also be attached to custom toolbar button & command
buttons, and can be added to your Menu.

Good Luck |:)

"chris" wrote:

I am doing some list comparing and I have to do a lot of the same actions
(specifically, highlight three cells, insert, shift cells down)

Is there a way I can code that action into a shortcut key?

Dave Peterson

Just to add to CyberTaz's reply.

When you turn on the record macro stuff, you'll be prompted for a name (and
where to save it) and if you want a shortcut key.

If you forget to assign the shortcut key here, you can assign it later:
tools|macro|macros
select your macro
Options button
and assign it there.

And you'll see a toolbar pop up. One of those icons on that toolbar allows you
to use Relative references. This means that the actions will be taken with
respect to the activecell.

If you don't toggle that option, your macro will get recorded using the actual
address of the cell you're working on.

If you run a macro like that, you'll do the same thing over and over and over to
the same cell.

If you have trouble fixing up your code, paste it (just the code, not the
workbook) into your follow up message.

--

Dave Peterson