Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dar Dar is offline

Default Dates

I have dates that are the same in each month ex.

04/15/2007
04/19/2007
04/25/2007

When april is over how can i just change the month to may and still have the
same days
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the dates are in, say column A, then in a helper column enter:
=DATE(2007,5,DAY(A1)) and copy down.

If you can't use a helper column, then in an un-used cell enter 30.
Copy that cell and paste/special/add onto the April dates. Then change the
format back to date.

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200714
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way:

Choose Edit/Replace...

Find: 04/
Replace with: 05/

However, you should note that replacing the 05/ in 05/31/2007 with 06/
will convert the entry to Text, since 06/31/2007 isn't a valid date. You
don't say how you'd want to handle that.

In article ,
dar wrote:

I have dates that are the same in each month ex.

04/15/2007
04/19/2007
04/25/2007

When april is over how can i just change the month to may and still have the
same days

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could use a formula like this to display your dates:

=DATE(2007,Z1,15)

Where the number of the month is stored in a out of the way cell (4 in Z1).

Then, just change the value in that cell whenever you wish to change all the
date cells that have this formula.

--
HTH,

RD

"dar" wrote in message
I have dates that are the same in each month ex.

04/15/2007
04/19/2007
04/25/2007

When april is over how can i just change the month to may and still have

the
same days

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dar Dar is offline

When i type that in with edit/and paste it had an error message that says it
can not find the data even though i have hi-lighted it