Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
EZ EZ is offline

Default Comparing information...

I have a worksheet with two columns of numbers, each of which represents a
student attending my school.

The numbers on the left column are the students from last year, the column
on the right is the students from this year.
I want a third column to be created with only the names of the new students
(i.e. those who did not attend the school both last year and this year, but
only this year) and a fourth column to be created with the same list as the
list of students who attended last yaer, but with all the students who left
to be cut out (i.e. have there be empty cells where their numbers would be.)

Is it possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

In column C
=IF(COUNTIF(A:B,A1)=2,A1,"")
in column D
=IF(COUNTIF(B:B,A1),A1,"")
Copy down both columns from row 1 for the extent of your data.
--
Regards

Roger Govier