Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table Feild List

I Hope some one can help with this. I have a Pivot Table that has year
to day payrol data, i have a summery report based on that Pivot Table.
Is it possible to place a combo box on my summary report that will
"Filter" the information without changing the Pivot Table.
for example data feilds:

Pay perids 1 - 7 Select period6
Manger Jane Doe
Cost Center 1033

I can get to the cost centers in a combo box (Using Pivot!$A$10:$A$35
in the listfillRange) but the Manager are on the page level so when i
use Pivot!$B2 I get only the option "ALL" and not Man 1, Man 2, Man 3
etc.

Please Help.. Im going crazy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could make a copy of the pivot table, and store it on another
worksheet, which could be hidden.
In the new pivot table, put all the fields you need to filter on in the
row or column area, so they're visible.
Then, in the summary report, you can use GetPivotData formulas to pull
the data, based on the selections in the combo boxes.

There are GetPivotData examples in Excel's Help, and he

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures