Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Consecutive Numbered Pages

I have a workbook with many sheets. Each sheet has a left margin custom
footer to show Page 1 of ? along with some text. I'd like to be able to keep
those custom footers but also have another centered footer that consecutively
numbers all sheets in the whole workbook. If I select the sheets and then do
page setup and add the footer in the center, it changes my left margin custom
footer on all sheets to be the same as the first selected sheet and makes it
Page 1 of the total number of pages in the entire woorkbook. Here's an
example of the end result I'm looking for:

Page 1 of 2 - Canned Page 1 of 25
Page 1 of 3 - Frozen Page 3 of 25

I currently print the workbook through Excel and then open a Word document
that has just Page 1 of 25, etc. and reprint these page numbers on the Excel
document.

Thank you in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

to get all the pages numbered consecutively go to file - Print - and selct
Print entire workbook. If you pring each pagge seperately you don't get
print the lastt pagge correcttly.

"frpkaren" wrote:

I have a workbook with many sheets. Each sheet has a left margin custom
footer to show Page 1 of ? along with some text. I'd like to be able to keep
those custom footers but also have another centered footer that consecutively
numbers all sheets in the whole workbook. If I select the sheets and then do
page setup and add the footer in the center, it changes my left margin custom
footer on all sheets to be the same as the first selected sheet and makes it
Page 1 of the total number of pages in the entire woorkbook. Here's an
example of the end result I'm looking for:

Page 1 of 2 - Canned Page 1 of 25
Page 1 of 3 - Frozen Page 3 of 25

I currently print the workbook through Excel and then open a Word document
that has just Page 1 of 25, etc. and reprint these page numbers on the Excel
document.

Thank you in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Joel,

This will work for the centered page numbering for the entire workbook,
however, I still want the left section page numbering to only number those
pages in that sheet, not the total workbook. Not sure if this can be done.
Thank you!