Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Slow Calculations

Can someone please explain this to me.....

My old laptop had a 2.16Ghz processor with 2GB of ram and this spreadsheet
that I'm working with was a bit slow when calculating due to it's size but it
wasn't terribly slow. Now I have a new laptop with the core 2 duo processor @
2.33Ghz with 4GB of ram and it seems even slower when calculating this
spreadsheet. Why and how is this possible when I have more ram and a faster
processor? Am I missing something here???

Oh and I'm using Excel 2007 on both systems.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not sure why, but you might want to look at my MSDN article on improving
calculation performance in Excel 2007

Charles
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.3 now available