Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default On time arrival

A1: Scheduled arrival time.
B1: Actual arrival time.

In C1, I would like to compute the time difference between scheduled and
actual arrival time. I'm golden as long as the actual arrival is earlier
than the scheduled time. When B1 is later than A1, I just get a result of
#######.

Is there a way for this time to be displayed as a negative? Any other
suggestions for identifying late arrivals? Please no visual basic. I'm a
rookie at this.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

But that would show -21:00 where the result of the calculation is -3:00.

Might I suggest changing Bob's formula to
=IF(B1A1,B1-A1,TEXT(A1-B1,"-hh:mm"))
--
David Biddulph