-   -   On time arrival (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/137514-time-arrival.html)

Richard

On time arrival

A1: Scheduled arrival time.
B1: Actual arrival time.

In C1, I would like to compute the time difference between scheduled and
actual arrival time. I'm golden as long as the actual arrival is earlier
than the scheduled time. When B1 is later than A1, I just get a result of
#######.

Is there a way for this time to be displayed as a negative? Any other
suggestions for identifying late arrivals? Please no visual basic. I'm a
rookie at this.

Thanks

Bob Phillips

On time arrival

One way

=IF(B1A1,B1-A1,TEXT(MOD(B1-A1,1),"-hh:mm"))

--
HTH

Bob

"Richard" wrote in message
A1: Scheduled arrival time.
B1: Actual arrival time.

In C1, I would like to compute the time difference between scheduled and
actual arrival time. I'm golden as long as the actual arrival is earlier
than the scheduled time. When B1 is later than A1, I just get a result of
#######.

Is there a way for this time to be displayed as a negative? Any other
suggestions for identifying late arrivals? Please no visual basic. I'm a
rookie at this.

Thanks

David Biddulph[_2_]

On time arrival

But that would show -21:00 where the result of the calculation is -3:00.

Might I suggest changing Bob's formula to
=IF(B1A1,B1-A1,TEXT(A1-B1,"-hh:mm"))
--
David Biddulph