Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Format text string

I like to combine cell values within text on my reports, usually no issues
I would like to format a number so that if it is negative it is red & in
brackets
The brackets appear fine, but I cannot change the font colour
=TEXT(ROUNDUP(I8*10.764,-2),"#,##0;[RED](#,##0)")&" ft²")
Anybody able to help?

Saintsman
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Saintsman,

You could use:
=ROUNDUP(I8*10.764,-2)
with a custom number format:
#,##0ft²;[Red](#,##0ft²)

The advantage of doing it this way is that the result of your calculation remains numeric, despite the addition of the 'ft²'.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]