Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Filtering by row

From a table of information I would like to display a full row or rows of
data of data based on a set of lookup criteria if a1:a20 has a value = to 20
+ or- 10% and the same row has a value of 50 + or - 10% b1:b20

The values will always change, therfore I would like the formula to look at
a cell where I can input the required value

To help you understand the spreadsheet is a simple list of equipment model
numbers with capacities fan dimensions and noise data I would like to input 3
selection criteria and be presented with each row that complies with in 10%

Thank for any help you can provide
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Andy,

This procedure is basically to run an advance query which will fetch you all
the information
for you to compare. I shall explain you how to do it.

Assuming that you have copied all the columns to a single spread sheet, you
know the column heading now, save the excel sheet.

Now I wiil be using the Advance filtering techniques so that all the column
information are retrieved even if the typed cells are misspelled, which
normally is not the case when you do a simple filtering technique. The
filtered values may not be correct.

To retieve the values;

1. Select all records and the column headings and define a name for the
range List. This is the List range name.
2. Select all column headings and paste in a seperate row anywhere in the
spreadsheet.
2. Select the pasted column heading along with an empty row and define a
name. This is the criteria range name.
3. Define a criteria on the second row for all columns, if necessary. For
example S* will display all details specific to "S'.
4. Click Data- Filter- Advanced Filter
5. Type the List name
6. Type the Criteria Name
7. Click copy to another location option - Mandatory
8. Click Copy to
9. Click the cell below the criteria range

All data will be displayed specific to the query you requested. This is very
usefull if the spreadsheet data are mistyped or mis-spelled. Now you have
done a database funtion on your excle spread sheet.

Challa Prabhu

From a table of information I would like to display a full row or rows of