Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Col Col is offline

Default Excel file name with :2 at the end

I have an Excel file with the filename and :2 at the end although I
don't have two windows open. I've tried closing the file, rebooting,
looking in code to see if the file is refered to in VBA with the :2
suffix. Any other suggestions?

Col

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try windowarrangetiled to see if there are any other open sheets
--
John
MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"Col" wrote:

I have an Excel file with the filename and :2 at the end although I
don't have two windows open. I've tried closing the file, rebooting,
looking in code to see if the file is refered to in VBA with the :2
suffix. Any other suggestions?

Col

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And if John's suggestion didn't help...

Try
window|unhide
(maybe it's hidden???)

And then....

You actually have two windows open to the same workbook.

Select the one you don't want anymore and hit ctrl-w

Then save the workbook--or you'll be doing it again.

This can be a useful feature if you want to see different parts of the workbook
at the same time.

Window|New window
(to create that second window)

then
Window|Arrange|Horizontal (or the way you like it)

Col wrote:

I have an Excel file with the filename and :2 at the end although I
don't have two windows open. I've tried closing the file, rebooting,
looking in code to see if the file is refered to in VBA with the :2
suffix. Any other suggestions?

Col

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Col Col is offline

Col wrote:

I have an Excel file with the filename and :2 at the end although I
don't have two windows open. I've tried closing the file, rebooting,
looking in code to see if the file is refered to in VBA with the :2
suffix. Any other suggestions?

Col

--

Dave Peterson

Great Thanks Dave it was hidden I thought that would still come up in
the window options. Must remember that one. cheers