Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default New problem

I m using this function
=E319+SUMIF(Transactions!B:B,A319,Transactions!C:C )*-1. Before 2 days ago it
was working good and returning 0 value. But presently. It is returning
-132057. This retrun value is changing after new entry made in my Inventory
sheet.

Why it is happeing.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To answer that might stretch the clairvoyant powers of the group, so you may
need to help by looking at the data (and presumably by comparing it with the
data in a copy of the workbook from when it gave the results you expected).
Firstly what value do you have in E319?
Secondly what value do you have in A319, and how often does that value
appear in column B of your Transactions sheet? Then what values appear in
column C of your Transactions sheet in the rows where column B shows your
A319 value?
As a matter of idle curiosity, why do you have E319+SUMIF(...)*-1, rather
than E319-SUMIF(...)?
--
David Biddulph

"Rao Ratan Singh" wrote in message
I m using this function
=E319+SUMIF(Transactions!B:B,A319,Transactions!C:C )*-1. Before 2 days ago
it
was working good and returning 0 value. But presently. It is returning
-132057. This retrun value is changing after new entry made in my
Inventory
sheet.

Why it is happeing.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sir,

1. In E319= value is presently blank, but when purchase of goods I input Qty
of particular Item.
2. In A319 presentlyin it is blank and cell formula is =IF(B3190,A318+1,"")
3. In B column Transaction sheet is ID number same when Sales occured I
input Item ID No.
4. In C column of Transaction Item Quantity I input when Sales occured.

When E319 and A319 both are presently blank why it is not returning 0 value.
Although when I input value
in A319 and E319 it is working perfectly.

This formula is for Inventory Record. How many Items Inward and how many
items has outward. I have Two Sheets
first Inventory for Inward and Transactions for Sale.

Regards

Rao Ratan Singh

"David Biddulph" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So you are looking for values in B corresponding to A319, which is blank;
how many cells in column B are zero or blank, and what is the sum of the
corresponding cells in column C?