Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula and #VALUE

Hello this is my formula
=IF(ISBLANK(U3:V3)," ",(V3-U3)) and it retunrs #VALUE!
in plain english this is what I need if cells u3 and v3 are blank, then
blank, otherwise v3-u3. thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ISBLANK typically works only on one cell; i.e. =ISBLANK(A1) etc. Since you
are applying it over a range, you need to enter the formula as an array
formula. To do this, put the cursor in the formula bar as if you were
editing the formula and hit CTRL +SHIFT +ENTER

You will note that Excel places { } marks around the formula to indicate
that it is an array formula; however, these are not entered by the user and
doing so does not create the array formula.

Dave

"Wanna Learn" wrote:

Hello this is my formula
=IF(ISBLANK(U3:V3)," ",(V3-U3)) and it retunrs #VALUE!
in plain english this is what I need if cells u3 and v3 are blank, then
blank, otherwise v3-u3. thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming that you only want to calculate if both U3 & V3 have data then try:

=IF(COUNT(U1:V1)=2,V1-U1,"")

--
HTH

Sandy