Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default password protect a single sheet

hello all,
i was wondering if there is a way to password protect a worksheet. i have
many workbooks with multiple worksheets that people have access to. there are
sheets that people do not need to see. i know i can hide these sheets, but i
would rather have a password to open them so that if there are people who
need to open them they can by entering a password.
thank you for your time and have a great day!
--
Thank You in advance, Brian
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

i tried this and i see nothing changed. toolsprotectionprotect workbooki
enterd password thinking it would ask me what i wanted to do but it did
nothing. any other suggestions would be appreciated.
thanks for the fast reply Stefi!
--
Brian

"Stefi" wrote:

You can do that by protecting the workbook: Tools/Protection/Protect workbook

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Brian€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

hello all,
i was wondering if there is a way to password protect a worksheet. i have
many workbooks with multiple worksheets that people have access to. there are
sheets that people do not need to see. i know i can hide these sheets, but i
would rather have a password to open them so that if there are people who
need to open them they can by entering a password.
thank you for your time and have a great day!
--
Thank You in advance, Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thank you both. i will give these a try.
--
, Brian

"stumac" wrote:

You could have the worksheet hidden and the workbook protected this will mean
that users cant unhide the sheets without the password.

If you have macros enabled then you could also have a command button on one
of the active sheets to enable the users who are allowed to see the hidden
sheets to do so quickly, create a command button and use code something like

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Dim passw As String
passw = InputBox("Enter Password to unhide sheets")
ActiveWorkbook.Unprotect (passw)
Worksheets("yoursheet").Visible = True
Worksheets("yoursheet2").Visible = True

End Sub

Hth

Stu

"Brian" wrote:

hello all,
i was wondering if there is a way to password protect a worksheet. i have
many workbooks with multiple worksheets that people have access to. there are
sheets that people do not need to see. i know i can hide these sheets, but i
would rather have a password to open them so that if there are people who
need to open them they can by entering a password.
thank you for your time and have a great day!
--
Thank You in advance, Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Stefi,
Studying this post and may need to do same. You stated "...protecting the
workbook: Tools/Protection/Protect workbook." For the life of me, I cannot
find Tools in the menu, in the ribbon, or in Office Button's Excel Options.
How do I get to Tools?

Thank you,
Zane
--