Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formula to check multiple conditions

Hi All

I have a sheet where I want to be able to check 2 conditions tyo achieve the
proper result
-- here is my example

if K3 <=1 then display the value of H3 in cell J3 and if E3 is = to a blank
cell then I want to display a blank cell in J3

I am sure this is simple but I cant figure it out
Thanks
Dan N
crunchnin numbers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

What do you want to show if none of the 2 conditions are satisfied? Or what
if both conditions were satisfied?

=IF(K3<=1, H3, IF(E3="", "", "UNKNOWN"))

In the above, J3 will show "UNKNOWN" if none of the 2 conditions are
satisfied.

And now, here's one that will show "BOTH CONDITIONS SATISFIED" if both
conditions are true:

=IF(AND(K3<=1, E3=""), "BOTH CONDITIONS SATISFIED", IF(K3<=1, H3, IF(E3="",
"", "UNKNOWN")))

--
Hope that helps.

Vergel Adriano

"belvy123" wrote:

Hi All

I have a sheet where I want to be able to check 2 conditions tyo achieve the
proper result
-- here is my example

if K3 <=1 then display the value of H3 in cell J3 and if E3 is = to a blank
cell then I want to display a blank cell in J3

I am sure this is simple but I cant figure it out
Thanks
Dan N
crunchnin numbers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Again

Let me try this another way

Can we do it like this
If K3 0 and <=1 then display the value of H3 in J3 other wise if those
conditions are not met then display nothing in J3 and if the value of K31
then display the value of this formula H7/K7

I hope that can be done
please help
--
cruchnin numbers

"belvy123" wrote:

Hi All

I have a sheet where I want to be able to check 2 conditions tyo achieve the
proper result
-- here is my example

if K3 <=1 then display the value of H3 in cell J3 and if E3 is = to a blank
cell then I want to display a blank cell in J3

I am sure this is simple but I cant figure it out
Thanks
Dan N
crunchnin numbers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Works perfectly
Thankyou oh so very much :)

--
cruchnin numbers

"BoniM" wrote:

=IF(K31,H7/K7,IF(AND(K30,K3<=1),H3,""))

"belvy123" wrote:

Hi All

I have a sheet where I want to be able to check 2 conditions tyo achieve the
proper result
-- here is my example

if K3 <=1 then display the value of H3 in cell J3 and if E3 is = to a blank
cell then I want to display a blank cell in J3

I am sure this is simple but I cant figure it out
Thanks
Dan N
crunchnin numbers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(K31,H7/K7,IF(K30,H3,""))

You don't need to test for K3<=1, because you've already tested for K31
earlier.
--
David Biddulph

=IF(K31,H7/K7,IF(AND(K30,K3<=1),H3,""))

"belvy123" wrote:

Hi All

I have a sheet where I want to be able to check 2 conditions tyo
achieve the
proper result
-- here is my example

if K3 <=1 then display the value of H3 in cell J3 and if E3 is = to a
blank
cell then I want to display a blank cell in J3

I am sure this is simple but I cant figure it out
Thanks
Dan N
crunchnin numbers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello
I believe I do need that because
I am wanting to do one thing if K3 is 0 but <=1 and another if K3 is 1
If I am thinking this out right
And in using this formula =IF(K31,H7/K7,IF(AND(K30,K3<=1),H3,""))
it is doing exactly what I was hoping for

Thanks
DN

--
cruchnin numbers