Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tj tj is offline

Default Formatting

I inherited a spreadsheet that has a vertical "line" that runs a long the
edge of a group of cells. I cannot remove the "line". It is not a border,
nor is it a drawn line. Clearing formats and deleting the contents of the
cells did not work. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tom tom is offline

TJ,
It may be that the panes are "frozen". Highlight the column of cells in the
column just to the right of the line that you see. Go to WINDOW UNFREEZE
PANES and see if that removes the line.

Cheers,
Tom

"TJ" wrote:

I inherited a spreadsheet that has a vertical "line" that runs a long the
edge of a group of cells. I cannot remove the "line". It is not a border,
nor is it a drawn line. Clearing formats and deleting the contents of the
cells did not work. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tj tj is offline

Thank you, but that did not work. The panes aren't frozen. The line is
about 10 rows tall and does not touch the top or bottom of the spreadsheet.