Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Automatic Formatting of Reports

I have a report that I generate once per week. It is generated in Excel
format, however there is no formattting. I would like to be able to have
this report automatically put in the format I desire so I don't have to
manually adjust it each time.

Is there a feature in Excel that will do this for me? I am aware that there
are 3rd party packages that do this, but I would like to use Excel if I can.

Any information would be helpful. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could record a macro while you're formatting the data, then rerun that macro
whenever you need to.

Open your newly created workbook

Tools|Macro|Record new macro
But choose a new workbook for the "store macro in" box.

Then record all your formatting changes
Remember to include the page setup and everything else you need.

Stop recording the macro

Close (without saving) the newly formatted workbook.

Now save the workbook with the recorded macro in it.

Give it a nice name: MacroToFormatWeeklyReport.xls

Reopen your workbook without the formatting and you're ready to test.

Tools|Macro|macros
select the macro you just recorded and see if it works.

If it does, save your newly formatted workbook, close excel and go get a cup of
coffee to celebrate!

--

Dave Peterson