Boba

Default Copy data between 2 Excel for comparison

Hello,

I requested by CyberTaz to ask my question again and
describe the situation I have, so here it's :

In our place we have a software. That software has a
small feature "Export to Excel". Whenever I operates
the "Export" I got new instance of Excel with data. Most
of the time I must compare data between two reports
I got in Excel. So, on my desktop there are two instances
of Excel, instead of doing the same steps over and over
again ( Select all cells, Copy, go to other Excel, Paste
the data and etc... ) I would like to write a macro that
will do the sisyphean work.

My question is : What should I write in VBA so I can copy
data from one instance of Excel to another ?
( My last option will be to write 2 macros, one for copy
the data and save it on the disk. The second macro will
load the saved file and compare the data with the other
report )

Is anyone has better solution ?

Thanks.
Dave Peterson

I'm not sure it's better, but I'd save the workbook in one instance, close that
instance and reopen that workbook in the first instance.

Then have your macro process the compare.

Heck, if you always save the first workbook with the same name, you could just
save the first workbook, close that instance and run your macro--it could open
that (just saved) workbook and do all the processing.

--

Dave Peterson