Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default merge copies of a shared workbook

I have a shared workbook and a copy I made to let another user edit. Usually,
the only change between the two is addition of data to a blank cell, but
occasionally both workbooks might have data in a particular cell. When I run
"compare and merge workbooks" it always replaces the data in my workbook (the
original) with the data from the copy workbook. Is there any way to
conveniently review these conflicts and let me decide which to accept? I
played with "track changes" but ended up with a huge history sheet that was
way too combersome to deal with (and I didn't really understand anyway). Also
when setting up the "share workbook" originally, I selected the "ask me which
changes win" options under <conflicting changes between users, thinking that
would do the trick, but I still have the problem.

I am hoping there is a straightforward way to deal with these few exceptions
and that some kind soul can offer advice.

Thanks!
--
A Ford