Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jfe jfe is offline

Default How do I...

I have created spreadsheets to track baseball (MLB and College) and
basketball (NBA and college) records and standings. I would like be
able to track the record of a given set of games say the last 10
games. Is there a formula, function, macro or what ever to be able to
do this without manually updating the cell address?

any help would be greatly appreciated

JFE

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

JFE,

There is almost certainly a reasonably straightforward way to do this,
but you will have to give a bit of an outline or example of how the
date is ordered in your spreadsheet for someone to make a usefull
suggestion.

Send me a sample of the sheet if you like.

TK

On Mar 22, 2:02 pm, "jfe" wrote:
I have created spreadsheets to track baseball (MLB and College) and
basketball (NBA and college) records and standings. I would like be
able to track the record of a given set of games say the last 10
games. Is there a formula, function, macro or what ever to be able to
do this without manually updating the cell address?

any help would be greatly appreciated

JFE

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(ISERROR(OFFSET(A1,COUNTA(A:A)-10,)),"not enough
rows",SUM(OFFSET(A1,COUNTA(A:A)-10,):OFFSET(A1,COUNTA(A:A),)))

sums the last 10 rows in column A, assuming no gaps in the data

Regards

Trevor

oups.com...