Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 2003 excel locks up

After making changes to my excel program I go to save the changes and excel
is locked up for at least 45+ seconds. It will finally free up and I can
click file and save the changes. I check in Task Manager and it shows 2 excel
programs and both are not running. When it frees up Task Manager shows 1
excel program running. What maybe my problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not sure. Assuming that this happens with ANY workbook, try Excel
troubleshooting:

****************************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
****************************
"rojo645" wrote in message
After making changes to my excel program I go to save the changes and
excel
is locked up for at least 45+ seconds. It will finally free up and I can
click file and save the changes. I check in Task Manager and it shows 2
excel
programs and both are not running. When it frees up Task Manager shows 1
excel program running. What maybe my problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Anne
Following the instructions on the troubleshooting site seems to have fixed
my problem. Had to dump registry key.
Thanks.

"rojo645" wrote in message
After making changes to my excel program I go to save the changes and
excel
is locked up for at least 45+ seconds. It will finally free up and I can
click file and save the changes. I check in Task Manager and it shows 2
excel
programs and both are not running. When it frees up Task Manager shows 1
excel program running. What maybe my problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Terrific!
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy