Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JR JR is offline

Default Filter, sort and sum

Amy:
If you don't want to see all the detail (each work order #), you could
create a summary either to the right of this data or on a separate tab. For
your summary, you would just list the salespeople and use a SUMIF formula to
sum the Gross and Commission (no need to sort the data).
Summary...
A B C
Salesperson Gross Commission
SP1 $950 $95
SP2 $ $
SP3 $ $
Put this formula on the summary tab, referencing the data tab...

SUMIF(DATA!$A$2:$A$5,A2,DATA!$B$2:$B$5) gives gross total for SP1
SUMIF(DATA!$A$2:$A$5,A2,DATA!$C$2:$C$5) gives comm total for SP1
Data...
A B C D
W/O # Gross Comm SP
123 $150 $15 SP1
124 $200 $20 SP3
125 $300 $30 SP1
126 $500 $50 SP1

Hope this helps.

"Amy" wrote:

I am hoping some of you experts can help me with a spreadsheet I have been
battling.

Column A work order #
Column B Gross
Column C Comission
Column D Salesperson 1

What I would like to see if for the sheet to be sorted by D and to total all
of column B and C for the salesperson ina way that is easy to use...Any help
that can be supplied would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

--
AReid