Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I color code a Pivot Table - not standard Autoformats?

I need a solution to color code pivot table contents to suit my company's
color palette. I work with very large pivot tables. Is there are way to
select only totals and apply formatting? It would take impossibly long to go
the entire table and choose the cells to color.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Mar 7, 8:08 pm, minks wrote:
I need a solution to color code pivot table contents to suit my company's
color palette. I work withvery large pivottables. Is there are way to
select only totals and apply formatting? It would take impossibly long to go
the entire table and choose the cells to color.

Hi,

This can be done with fairly basic VBA.

David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To format cells, enable selection should be turned on.
To enable selection --
From the Pivot toolbar, choose PivotTableSelect
If it's not already activated, click on Enable Selection

To format a section of a pivot table, e.g. subtotals --
Move the pointer to the left of a subtotal heading in the pivot table.
When the black arrow appears, click to select the subtotal rows
Format the selected subtotals

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures