Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional drop down list

I am trying to put together a sheet that contains some drop down lists.

The persone entering data in the sheet will select an item from the first
drop down list, which will then determine the content of the second drop
down list. All the drop down lists will be in the same row, seperate
columns.

E.g.

Drop down list 1

Option A
Option B
Option C

If Option A is selected the second drop down list should then only list
values associated with Option A, e.g.

Option A1
Option A2
Option A3
Option A4

Creating the first drop down list is easy, but how can I get the second drop
down list created based on the selection made in the first drop down list?

Any help appreciated
Kind regards
Pieter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See Debra Dalgleish's website for instructions on using Dependent Lists:

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Pieter van der Walt" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is this used with Data|Validation?

If yes, Debra Dalgleish shows how to create dependent lists:
http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

--

Dave Peterson