Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Special Sort Help

I am looking for a way to sort word lists not alphabetically, but by the
number of letters in each word. (The alphabetical sort can be done after)
Could this be done in Excel?

Is my post OK here, or should I ask in another group?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi James,

You could insert a helper column. Say your data is in column D
in helper column E put =LEN(D1) grab the fill handle and drag
down to the end of your data, then sort on column E.

HTH
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You will need a helper column with =LEN(A1) and fill it down for the list.
Then sort on this column
--
John
MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)