-   -   why does the font size diminish when I print? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/133375-why-does-font-size-diminish-when-i-print.html)

desboro

why does the font size diminish when I print?

I am using Excel 2003 and working on quite large documents in several sheets
in one workbook. Using Arial 10 font size.

When I print, however, the font size reduces until in some cases it is
almost unreadable, it's so small.

How can I prevent this happening? All answers gratefully received.

A-Lo

On Mar 5, 11:27 am, desboro wrote:
I am using Excel 2003 and working on quite large documents in several sheets
in one workbook. Using Arial 10 font size.

When I print, however, the font size reduces until in some cases it is
almost unreadable, it's so small.

How can I prevent this happening? All answers gratefully received.

Do you have your page settings for printing set to a specific page
limit? Click on File -Page Setup - then under the Page tab, look at
the scaling options. If it's restricted to a specific number of pages
wide, but tall try increasing those. You can check the print preview
from here as well to make sure it's printing what you need.

pinmaster

why does the font size diminish when I print?

Hi,

Check your page setup under File/Page Setup/Page and Scallling.

Regards!
Jean-Guy