Old March 5th 07, 05:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Maximum value in a cell

I am trying to set a maximum value in a cell. I have a percentage calculated
in one cell, from time to time the precentage is greater than 100%. Is it
possible to set the formula to only allow a maximum of 100%?

Old March 5th 07, 05:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You didn't give the formula in the cell currently, so let's say it's:
=B1/C1
If you change this formula to =IF(B1/C11,1,B1/C1) you should get what
you need.

= Marchand =

Old March 5th 07, 05:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe something like this:

A1: (a number)
B1: (a percent)

This formula multiplies the value in A1 by the lesser of the B1 Percent OR
100%
C1: =A1*MIN(B1,100%)

Does that help?
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

Old March 5th 07, 05:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use the MIN function.

=MIN(your formula, 100%)

This returns whichever value is lower between "your formula" and 100%.

HTH,
Elkar