Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Tom is offline

Default Excel

I have Microsoft Excel 2003 Tial & Microsoft XP Professional (with Excel) on
my computer. As a result of recent Microsoft Updates, Microsoft Excel 2003
is the priority version of Excel running, and I want Microsoft XP
Professional (with Excel) to be my priority Excel program. Could anyone
assist? thanks.
--
Tom
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tom, You can run any product you choose, Place only the Icons from that
release on you desk top if that is what you want. I ran 2003 and 2007 Icons
at the same time, until I purchased the 2007 Pro. Maybe I'm not undrstanding
the problem?
--
William<"M"
Using 2007

"Tom" wrote:

I have Microsoft Excel 2003 Tial & Microsoft XP Professional (with Excel) on
my computer. As a result of recent Microsoft Updates, Microsoft Excel 2003
is the priority version of Excel running, and I want Microsoft XP
Professional (with Excel) to be my priority Excel program. Could anyone
assist? thanks.
--
Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Tom is offline

Thanks for the reply William.

Here is my problem.....from another angle. In Windows Explorer my Excel
files used to open using Excel from Microsoft XP Professional. As a result
of downloading recent "Microsoft Updates", the only way I can open the same
files is using Microsoft Excel 2003 Trial. I need to find a way to put
Microsoft XP Professional back in charge. Thanks.
--
Tom

"Tom" wrote:

I have Microsoft Excel 2003 Tial & Microsoft XP Professional (with Excel) on
my computer. As a result of recent Microsoft Updates, Microsoft Excel 2003
is the priority version of Excel running, and I want Microsoft XP
Professional (with Excel) to be my priority Excel program. Could anyone
assist? thanks.
--
Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Locate the excel.exe that's associated with xl2002.

Then click on windows|start button|Run
type the path to that excel.exe:
"c:\program files\msoffice\whatevergoeshere\excel.exe" /regserver

You may need the double quotes if the filename (with path) has spaces--they
won't hurt if you use them and they're not required.

This re-registers excel with windows. And the last program registered (or
installed) should be used as the default program when double clicking.

"Tom" wrote:

I have Microsoft Excel 2003 Tial & Microsoft XP Professional (with Excel) on
my computer. As a result of recent Microsoft Updates, Microsoft Excel 2003
is the priority version of Excel running, and I want Microsoft XP
Professional (with Excel) to be my priority Excel program. Could anyone
assist? thanks.
--
Tom

--