Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Adding data validation

I need to create a spreadsheet whereby the user can select a drop down menu
opiton. This is the difficulty for me, my first drop down will select an area
i.e.
Uk
USA
France

But the second drop down will offer places specific to the location selected
in the first box. So if the user selected UK in the first box then would
then be offered a choice of say
London
Edinburgh
Cardiff

in the second. For those selecting USA they would be offered cities in the
USA.

Pls help I'm really struggling to know what format to enable this and need
it for work for tomorrow.

thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Toppers

thanks for your reply,I'm not very good at excel so apologies for perhaps
the simpleness of this question! My first column is also a pick list so I
can't see how this works. In the example on this page the categories are
already established in the list?? Am I mising something? thank you
"shezzer_1972" wrote:

I need to create a spreadsheet whereby the user can select a drop down menu
opiton. This is the difficulty for me, my first drop down will select an area
i.e.
Uk
USA
France

But the second drop down will offer places specific to the location selected
in the first box. So if the user selected UK in the first box then would
then be offered a choice of say
London
Edinburgh
Cardiff

in the second. For those selecting USA they would be offered cities in the
USA.

Pls help I'm really struggling to know what format to enable this and need
it for work for tomorrow.

thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you read down to the section titled "Apply the Data Validation",
you'll see that both columns have dropdown lists.

"shezzer_1972" wrote:

I need to create a spreadsheet whereby the user can select a drop down menu
opiton. This is the difficulty for me, my first drop down will select an area
i.e.
Uk
USA
France

But the second drop down will offer places specific to the location selected
in the first box. So if the user selected UK in the first box then would
then be offered a choice of say
London
Edinburgh
Cardiff

in the second. For those selecting USA they would be offered cities in the
USA.

Pls help I'm really struggling to know what format to enable this and need
it for work for tomorrow.

thank you

Debra Dalgleish
Contextures