Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Automatically increment numbers in a cell when you open workbook

I would like to automatically increment invoice numbers on an invoice. The
number type I use 00-000222 and 3443-000123. could someone please show me how
to do it,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The information at the McGimpsey site shows a way to do this with .txt files
and a way using the registry. Since you have two different series going,
you'll probably want to use the .txt file solution.

Also, his method is based on invoice numbers being actual numbers, but for
the format you have you'll need to look at combining numbers and text, or
converting number from the text file and then formatting them as text with
leading zeros so that they appear on your invoices properly.

If you need assistance with that type of thing, feel free to post back here
or even to contact me at (remove spaces) HelpFrom @ jlathamsite.com