Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Set whole column with function

Hopefully very basic question...just can't seem to figure it out.

How do I set whole column to be +20 of another column. For example - value
of A1= 1/2/2007 then C1 = 1/22/2007
A3=5/5/2006 then C1=5/25/2007

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks but thats not what I was looking for.

I want to set the whole column to do this. I don't want to have to type
A1+20, A2+20, A3+20..etc all the way down the whole C column. There must be
a way to set the whole column up at once.

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=A1+20

"TypeType" wrote:

Hopefully very basic question...just can't seem to figure it out.

How do I set whole column to be +20 of another column. For example - value
of A1= 1/2/2007 then C1 = 1/22/2007
A3=5/5/2006 then C1=5/25/2007

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Copy column A to column C.

Type 20 in an unused cell.

Copy that cell.

Select column C range of dates and EditPaste SpecialAddOKEsc.

Re-format to date.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP