Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default column matching

I was wondering if there is some way that I can match or do an if then
function to match data from columns.

For Instance if you had:

One set of columns another set of columns
A B C D E
Style WTD MTD Style OH OO
145 5 19 153 7 12
150 6 12 154 5 9
153 5 10 150 4 9

I would like to see if I can sort the first set and say if style from column
A = column D then move E and F.

Does this make any sense? Sorry it is difficult to explain but I get
selling information from a company on 2 different reports and there are 100's
of styles if I could match them in some other way it would be helpful.

Currently I sort by style # and then cut and paste until everything matches
and that takes a lot of time.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=VLOOKUP(A2,D:F,2,0) will retrieve data from column E if A2 matches D

=VLOOKUP(A2,D:F,3,0) will retrieve data from column F if A2 matches D

To allow for no match:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,D:F,2,0)) ,"",VLOOKUP(A2,D:F,2,0) ) will return a blank

HTH