Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change series of numbers from positive to negative

I have a series of postive numbers. All I want to do is change them to
negative. They are all independent from each other and different.
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In an unused cell enter -1 and copy it.
Select the cells you want to change and
paste/special with the multiply button checked
--
Gary''s Student
gsnu200708

"Wyatt Murphy" wrote:

I have a series of postive numbers. All I want to do is change them to
negative. They are all independent from each other and different.
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Mar 1, 9:09 pm, Wyatt Murphy <Wyatt
wrote:
I have a series of postive numbers. All I want to do is change them to
negative. They are all independent from each other and different.
Thanks!

In blank cell enter -1, select it, copy, select range of cells with
positive numbers, go to Edit - Paste special - in Paste Special
dialog select Values and Multiply.

Mladen_Dj
http://excelancije.bloger.hr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put -1 in an unused cell
Edit|copy that cell

Select the range to fix
edit|paste special|check multiply

And clean up that cell with -1 in it.

Wyatt Murphy wrote:

I have a series of postive numbers. All I want to do is change them to
negative. They are all independent from each other and different.
Thanks!

--

Dave Peterson