Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Combining Data

I have a large amount of data in two seperate sets with one common column
(account #'s). I would like to pull one figure from the second set into my
first set if the common column matches. However, there are more account #'s
in the second set and I cannot just sort them by account # and put them on
the same row. What is the easiest (and fastest - no cut and paste!) way to
do this?

Thank you!!

Example:
Set 1:
Col A Name
Col B Acct #
Col C 12/31/03 Figures

Set 2:
Col A Name
Col B Acct #
Col C 2/28/07 Figures

DESIRED SET:
Col A Name
Col B Acct #
Col C 12/31/03 Figures
Col D 2/28/07 Figures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

use VLOOLUP:

in column D of first sheet

=if(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B2,Sheet2!B:C,2)),"",VLOOKUP(B2,S heet2!B:C,2))

and copy down.

B2 is acc # in first Sheet (set)
Sheet2 = 2nd set of data

HTH