Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default date format?

I'm trying to format a cell to return a date format of 02/07 for February
2007. I can't find it in date or custom. Any ideas? I'd be happy with 2/07
or 02/07. Please help!

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Go to Format | Cells | Number (tab) | Custom and type the format in
the panel:

mm/yy

overwriting whatever is there.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 1, 4:56 pm, Treesy wrote:
I'm trying to format a cell to return a date format of 02/07 for February
2007. I can't find it in date or custom. Any ideas? I'd be happy with 2/07
or 02/07. Please help!

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Custom:

Enter

mm/yy

in the input box.

In article ,
Treesy wrote:

I'm trying to format a cell to return a date format of 02/07 for February
2007. I can't find it in date or custom. Any ideas? I'd be happy with 2/07
or 02/07. Please help!

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for feeding back - glad you got it to work.

Pete

On Mar 1, 4:56 pm, Treesy wrote:
I'm trying to format a cell to return a date format of 02/07 for February
2007. I can't find it in date or custom. Any ideas? I'd be happy with 2/07
or 02/07. Please help!

Thanks.- Hide quoted text -