Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calculated Field

Hello I have a pivot table and I'm trying to calculate the dollar amount
difference between 2005 and 2006. ON the ROW I have the product name and
the invoice sales year on the DATA I have total units sold and tota sales
I've tried a calculated field but I do not have the right fields to create
the formula thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How about changing sales year to columns and then write a formula off to the
side of the pivot table to subtract one year from another (e.g. if a given
product's annual totals are in B12, for 2005, and C12, for 2006, use "=
C12-B12").
Will

"Wanna Learn" wrote:

Hello I have a pivot table and I'm trying to calculate the dollar amount
difference between 2005 and 2006. ON the ROW I have the product name and
the invoice sales year on the DATA I have total units sold and tota sales
I've tried a calculated field but I do not have the right fields to create
the formula thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could use a custom calculation, instead of a calculated field --

Add another copy of the total sales field to the data area.
Right-click on a cell in the new column, and choose Field Settings
Click Options
From Show data as, choose Difference From
For Base Field, choose Year
For Base Item, choose (previous)