Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Custom Number Format

Hello I have the following custom format [<1] 0.00%;$#,##0.00
If the numberon the column is 20 I want this to be converted into a % so
that would be 20% if the number on the column is 317.50 I want to to read
$317.50 when I use this format everthing turns into dollars HELP! thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Wanna,

The difference is if the values are already there when you apply the formatting. If the
percent formatting is already in the cell, entered values get converted to their percent
equivalents. 22% entered actually becomes 0.22, but displays as 22%. If the values are
already there, the code you gave will yield a percentage for anything that's actually less
than 1 (less than 100%) but will then be a dollar figure for anything more than 1.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com