Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional formatting

I'm working on graphs showing the trends of consumables in a mineral
processing plant. I've attached smileys on the charts and want these to
change colour according to whether the consumption is below or above target.
For example, I want the smiley to turn green when the trend is good and red
when the consumption is above target.

thanks people

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would do it with a worksheet_change function. Try manually changing a
smiley while recording a new macro. The smiley is an object. It is oriented
with respect tgo a cell row and column. The data is probably on the same
row as the smiley. the macro would have to find all the smiley with a
statementt such as

for each Myobject in worksheet("sheet1").object

Next Myobject

1) Check to see if the object is a smiley.
2) Get Row and of smiley
3) check if data in same row will make the smiley red or green
4) change color of smiley using the statement found in the recorded macro
that you ran.