Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Opening Multiple Excel Sessions

When I open multiple sessions of Excel, you cannot see all of them under the
same Window to move from one session to the other. How can this be resolved?

In addition, the formatting for color will change on 1 sheet only when I
move a session to another session as a second tab.

How can this be corrected?

Office XP has already been uninstalled and re-installed without success in
resolving this issue.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Prior to having my hard drive replaced a month ago, I did not have this
issue. I could open up 20 sessions and be able to see them under Window. I
could also move one to another and be able to see all the ones that were left
as individual session.

"Lynn" wrote:

When I open multiple sessions of Excel, you cannot see all of them under the
same Window to move from one session to the other. How can this be resolved?

In addition, the formatting for color will change on 1 sheet only when I
move a session to another session as a second tab.

How can this be corrected?

Office XP has already been uninstalled and re-installed without success in
resolving this issue.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Lynn

To prevent opening multiple sessions of Excel when you open each workbook go to
ToolsOptionsGeneral and uncheck "ignore other applications"

Then all workbooks will open in one instance of Excel and you can see them all
under Window

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Lynn" wrote:

When I open multiple sessions of Excel, you cannot see all of them under the
same Window to move from one session to the other. How can this be resolved?

In addition, the formatting for color will change on 1 sheet only when I
move a session to another session as a second tab.

How can this be corrected?

Office XP has already been uninstalled and re-installed without success in
resolving this issue.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gord,

That box was already unchecked. I checked, closed and unchecked again. I was
able to get 11 of the 12 to show up under 1 Window. Still a problem. I am
just perplexed. I am beginning to think that the issue might be a Windows
issue rather than an Excel issue. Thanks for your input