Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default conditional formatting

I want a cell to be colored if E9,G9,&J9 all have yes entered in, but the
formula I am using does not color the cell.

="if(and($E$9=""yes"",$G$9=""yes,$J$9=yes)"
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My experience has been that Excel has this nasty habit of putting
quotes around formulas in Conditional Formatting. I always have to go
back and remove them. Make sure your conditional formatting formula
does not start and end with quotes (as yours currently does) so it
looks like the one that follows. I also modified your formula as
touch: the IF doesn't apply (unless I'm missing something).
=and($E$9="yes",$G$9="yes",$J$9="yes")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use

=IF(AND($E$9="yes",$G$9="yes",$J$9="yes")

In article ,
egarcia wrote:

I want a cell to be colored if E9,G9,&J9 all have yes entered in, but the
formula I am using does not color the cell.

="if(and($E$9=""yes"",$G$9=""yes,$J$9=yes)"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The formula:
=IF(AND($E$9="yes",$G$9="yes",$J$9="yes"),1,0)
will yield a 1 or a 0 in the cell where it is located based on the contents
of the three cells listed. If you then go to Format / Conditional Formatting
and make the cell one color if the result is 1 (one condition) or another
color if the result is 0 (a second condition).

"egarcia" wrote:

I want a cell to be colored if E9,G9,&J9 all have yes entered in, but the
formula I am using does not color the cell.

="if(and($E$9=""yes"",$G$9=""yes,$J$9=yes)"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Glad to help!