Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Finding an opposite value?

Does anyone know what formula I would use to find an opposite dollar value?
I have a two worksheets, one with credits, the other with debits. I'd like
to be able to match the two pages. Thanks in advance for any assistance at
all!

Holly
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If I were doing this, I'd insert a "helper" column next to the debits
column and use the ABS() formula to find the absolute value of each
debit. I would then match the ABS() formula results to the credits on
the other worksheet.

Do you need help with the lookup portion of this as well? The MATCH()
formula might help, but your solution may be determined by what
results you need, or how you will process and use the information
subsequently.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I mocked up some data, with two tabs called "Debit" and "Credit". The
columns of figures are in B2:B12 on both tabs; my "helper" column with
the ABS() formula is in column C. I used this formula to match
entries:
=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(C2,Credits!$B:$B,0)),"Entry not found","Match found
on row " &MATCH(C2,Credits!$B:$B,0))