Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 2 Worksheets in 1?

I was wondering if it is at all possible to have a have two worksheets in
one? Specifically, I have a report that I have created, but someone
requested a section at the top that would require completely different sized
columns than the rest of the report uses. Is it possible to embed another
sheet into this report so I can resize the columns without it affecting the
rest of my report?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How unfortunate... thanks for letting me know.

"Dave F" wrote:

It's not possible.

Dave

"WBTKbeezy" wrote:

I was wondering if it is at all possible to have a have two worksheets in
one? Specifically, I have a report that I have created, but someone
requested a section at the top that would require completely different sized
columns than the rest of the report uses. Is it possible to embed another
sheet into this report so I can resize the columns without it affecting the
rest of my report?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm just guessing here, but might the "merge cells" feature allow you do do
some of this? It would take some hackery, but you might get some of the
features your user is requesting.

"WBTKbeezy" wrote:

How unfortunate... thanks for letting me know.

"Dave F" wrote:

It's not possible.

Dave

"WBTKbeezy" wrote:

I was wondering if it is at all possible to have a have two worksheets in
one? Specifically, I have a report that I have created, but someone
requested a section at the top that would require completely different sized
columns than the rest of the report uses. Is it possible to embed another
sheet into this report so I can resize the columns without it affecting the
rest of my report?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can add a picture of a range of cells from the other worksheet.

Select the range on sheet2 and SHIFT + EditCopy Picture.

Paste to sheet1 where you wish.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP