Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Macro recording doesn't appear to function?

I used to use the Record Macro dialog to build a reasonable macro in Excel 95
years ago, then use the VB interface to fine tune. Now in Excel 2003 when I
use the same Record Macro interface, finish and go to the VB interface...my
macro name is there, but none of the keystrokes I input is recorded. What am
I doing wrong?? I am sure it is me, but I am selecting different worksheets,
selecting cells, then going to an Excel add-in (JWalk charting for example),
updating the series reference, then stop record. At least some of this
should record right? Here is the code it give me:

Sub CHART_LABEL_UPDATER()
'
' CHART_LABEL_UPDATER Macro
' Macro recorded 2/28/2007
'

'
Sheets("Schedule Plotter").Select
End Sub

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This may not help you now, but maybe...

If you can edit the macro, you can add some code like:

Option Explicit
Sub TestMyMacro()
Dim myMacro As String
myMacro = """'" & ThisWorkbook.Name & "'!TestMyMacro"""
Application.RecordMacro BasicCode:="Application.Run " & myMacro

'rest of code here
MsgBox "hi"
End Sub

I know that JW sells access to the code in his PUP# utilities for about $20USD.
Maybe you can experiment to see if it's worth looking into.

Bullseye wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I was having the same "problem"

Unfortuately, I just got another laptop from work and the help desk didn't
install excel. What I found was to go through the tools area where you would
run/edit a macro and choose I think microsoft visual basic editor and I was
able to find the code there. I will check on my other pc when I get it back.