-   -   Conditional Format from other sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/132677-conditional-format-other-sheet.html)

Sheila D

Conditional Format from other sheet

Hi - I want to create a conditional format which references more than 1 sheet
i.e. Invoices!B2Salesman!B2, is there a way to do this please, Thanks for
any help

Sheila D

Gary''s Student

Conditional Format from other sheet

Usually conditional formatting can't refer to cells on other sheets. However
you can use a Named Range. For example, if you are formatting a cell on
Sheet2:
=Sheet1!A1=1
will not work, but
=alpha=1
will work if alpha has been defined to be Sheet1!A1
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200708

"Sheila D" wrote:

Hi - I want to create a conditional format which references more than 1 sheet
i.e. Invoices!B2Salesman!B2, is there a way to do this please, Thanks for
any help

Sheila D

Sheila D

Conditional Format from other sheet

Thank you - so presumably for an entire column of figures I would have to
give each cell a Range Name on the other sheet or is there a way round that?
Sheila