Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mat mat is offline

Default Dupilicate entries amount to be added

Dear Mate,

I need your help, i have 8000+ company names with their revenue. There are
duplicate names but the revenues are unique which needs to be added togather.
Finally i need only one company name with added revenue Like Col C & Col D

For example

Col A Col B Col C Col D
500 Dave & co.
400 Dave & co.
200007 Dave & co. 200907 Dave & co.
67.97 Ford & sons
9272.9 Ford & sons
18477.83 Ford & sons
27682.76 Ford & sons
36887.69 Ford & sons 92389.15 Ford & sons
46092.62 Goodwill
55297.55 Goodwill
64502.48 Goodwill
73707.41 Goodwill 239600.06 Goodwill

Regards

Mat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mat mat is offline

Dear Mate,

I have sorted the col b but am not able to run the subtotal for identical
company names.

Regards
Mat

"Mat" wrote:

Dear Mate,

I need your help, i have 8000+ company names with their revenue. There are
duplicate names but the revenues are unique which needs to be added togather.
Finally i need only one company name with added revenue Like Col C & Col D

For example

Col A Col B Col C Col D
500 Dave & co.
400 Dave & co.
200007 Dave & co. 200907 Dave & co.
67.97 Ford & sons
9272.9 Ford & sons
18477.83 Ford & sons
27682.76 Ford & sons
36887.69 Ford & sons 92389.15 Ford & sons
46092.62 Goodwill
55297.55 Goodwill
64502.48 Goodwill
73707.41 Goodwill 239600.06 Goodwill

Regards

Mat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am able to use subtotal feature with your data. you don't need column C or
D. sort all data by column b (like you've done). then subtotal data for
change in col B, use function sum, and add subtotal to col A. this will give
you the data you're looking for in col C & D. after the subtotal, my data
looks as follows:

Col A Col B Col C Col D
500 Dave & co.
400 Dave & co.
200007 Dave & co. 200,907.00 Dave & co.
200907 Dave & co. Total
67.97 Ford & sons
9272.9 Ford & sons
18477.83 Ford & sons
27682.76 Ford & sons
36887.69 Ford & sons 92,389.15 Ford & sons
92389.15 Ford & sons Total
46092.62 Goodwill
55297.55 Goodwill
64502.48 Goodwill
73707.41 Goodwill 239,600.06 Goodwill
239600.06 Goodwill Total
532896.21 Grand Total

good luck,
-chad

"Mat" wrote:

Dear Mate,

I need your help, i have 8000+ company names with their revenue. There are
duplicate names but the revenues are unique which needs to be added togather.
Finally i need only one company name with added revenue Like Col C & Col D

For example

Col A Col B Col C Col D
500 Dave & co.
400 Dave & co.
200007 Dave & co. 200907 Dave & co.
67.97 Ford & sons
9272.9 Ford & sons
18477.83 Ford & sons
27682.76 Ford & sons
36887.69 Ford & sons 92389.15 Ford & sons
46092.62 Goodwill
55297.55 Goodwill
64502.48 Goodwill
73707.41 Goodwill 239600.06 Goodwill

Regards

Mat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mat mat is offline

Dear Chad,

I am able to run the subtotal in column b and it gives a total and the name
of the company but not able to run the subtotal for the col A which has the
revenue figure.
If i run the subtotal for Col A it breaks down each revnue on diffrent row
but doesnt adds up as final for one company.
Regards

mat

"Mat" wrote:

Dear Mate,

I need your help, i have 8000+ company names with their revenue. There are
duplicate names but the revenues are unique which needs to be added togather.
Finally i need only one company name with added revenue Like Col C & Col D

For example

Col A Col B Col C Col D
500 Dave & co.
400 Dave & co.
200007 Dave & co. 200907 Dave & co.
67.97 Ford & sons
9272.9 Ford & sons
18477.83 Ford & sons
27682.76 Ford & sons
36887.69 Ford & sons 92389.15 Ford & sons
46092.62 Goodwill
55297.55 Goodwill
64502.48 Goodwill
73707.41 Goodwill 239600.06 Goodwill

Regards

Mat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It seems to me that you're utilizing the subtotal feature backwards. Try
this: after you sort your data by col. b data, subtotal data for change in
col B, use function sum, and add subtotal to col A. Make sure you select
these options and columns as described or your results will not be what
you're looking for. The end result should look as I described it before with
the data you provided.

-Chad